Get ready to get Snapping!
1. Lighting: You always need good lighting for a good selfie. If you try to take selfies at midnight with a pout then it’s probably going to look dim and horrible. Make sure that the light isn’t behind you or exactly above you. You don’t want a shadow of your arms over your face. Don’t feel shy to try out all the angles until you find the right place with the perfect light that enhances your gorgeous features.
2. Good side: Know your good side. Generally we all have that one side which is better than the other. The cheekbones, eyes, hair, nose, lips, eyebrows, chin, everything just looks so much better. If you don’t know yours yet then start experimenting. Tilt your head left and right while viewing yourself on your phone’s camera until you find the perfect pose that makes your features stand out.
4. Not just face: A selfie doesn't have to be just your face use your camera to show off your new clothes or your freshly done nails but try to get your gorgeous face in the pic too.
3. Accessorise: All these selfies on Insta, Snapchat and Facebook what makes yours stand out? Make the selfie more attractive and unique by wearing some necklaces, watches, glasses, hats, earrings, anything that matches what you’re wearing.
5. Easy shot: Holding the phone with one hand and keeping it steady while posing and clicking can be a challenge. Easy way is to use the volume buttons, most phones have this feature to help you take the perfect picture with ease.
6. The rule: A lot of people don’t know about this rule. It is pretty simple and gives the picture a new angle in itself. Instead of putting yourself in the centre of the picture, be at the top-right or top-left corner of the frame. It helps if you have a pretty background for the selfie, don't get exactly in the centre of the frame, its a selfie not a passport photo.
7. Turn and tilt: A good trick is to turn your head and tilt your face a bit. Raise the camera just above your eyes and show off your jaw line.
8. Make faces: Make faces to highlight the selfie and make it look different. Laugh, smile, frown, pout and wink
9. Mirror selfie: If you are wearing an amazing outfit and want it show it off to the world, take a mirror selfie. The mirror should be full length so that you can show off your body. Make sure the mirror is squeaky clean, put a hand on the hip. Try a few different poses and snap away!
10. Selfie of the selfie: Everyone takes selfies, they are common. Instead get someone to take a picture of you while you take a selfie. It is fun, flattering and not something everyone does.
Time to get on Insta?